Dates: 11,12,13 and 19,20 June (weekend class)
Time: 15:00 – 19:00 CEST / 19:00 – 23:00 (PKT) all days
Location: Zoom video conference tool
9 SEATS – ONLY
This is an online course comprised of 5 sessions of 4 hours.
The Agile Coaching (ICP-ACC) is one of two knowledge-based certifications on the Agile Coaching track. The certification focuses primarily on the mindset, roles, and responsibilities of an Agile Coach. After finishing the certification, the learner will be able to differentiate between and among mentoring, facilitating, professional coaching and teaching, and will also gain the skills needed to create a safe environment for meaningful collaboration and healthy conflict resolution within an agile team.
This certification introduces participants to foundational team coaching skills and team development concepts for starting and growing teams while focusing on teams and organizations as human systems. A key part of this certification focuses on developing an understanding of the professional coaching skillset and the value of honing these skills to serve individuals on an agile team.
- Regular 600 USD
- Pakistan SPECIAL LIMITED OFFER 450 USD paid till 01 June 2021
- PEOPLE RESIDENT OUTSIDE PAKISTAN ARE SUBJECT TO DIFFERENT PRICE PLEASE CONTACT firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: ALL PAYMENTS MUST BE CLEARED BEFORE THE COURSE STARTS – YOUR SEAT IS ONLY CONFIRMED AFTER PAYMENT IS RECEIVED
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Agile Coaches or aspiring coaches with a passion for servant leadership and a desire to learn and practice facilitation, professional coaching, mentoring, and teaching in service of Agile teams.
Other relevant roles include ScrumMasters, Iteration Managers and Agile Project Managers
You have an understanding in the basics of Agile values, principles, and common models, and at least 6 months of experience as a practitioner.
If you have any queries about your suitability for the course, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
This course is accredited by the International Consortium for Agile (ICAgile) as fulfilling all Learning Objectives in the Agile Team Facilitation track.
ENDORSED BY THE SCRUM ALLIANCE
By attending this course you will be eligible to earn up to 21 SEU in Category C.
WHAT OTHERS SAY ABOUT THIS COURSE
- Very informative course, really made me think about me, my team, organization with possible scenarios and improvement area. (Nilufa Parvin, Senior Manager, Brac Bank limited)
- “Thank you for the most interesting learning sessions. It was such an informative and experimenting course. Facilitator has helped us put on our thinking hats and come up with a lot of ideas. This course also made us realize our pain points and our areas of improvement individually and as a team. I believe that it made all of the participants in the course realize the true value of working as an Agile Coach.” (Shaila Shabnam Anita, Head of People & Culture)
- ”I attended the 5-Day Agile Coach course with Khurram Bhatti which really focused on Agile Coach . The course was inspiring and made me re-think and re-create the way I was doing coaching with my team members. Khurram combines his talents as a speaker with his great demonstration skills and ability to teach complex concepts in a manner that easily adoptable.” (Md Arif Raihan, Assistant Manager)
- “This course provided excellent tools, discussion, theory, and practice to foster a true coaching experience. It forced to think inwardly and analyze ways I should adapt how I was already attempting to provide coaching” (Shawn Stewart, Scrum Master)
- “This is one of the best agile coaching courses I have attended. It covered a lot of useful content and team activities made this course really useful and interesting.” (Agile Coach / HCSC)
- “Khurram did a great job as our Trainer. He was clear with instructions prior to and during the training. I liked the fact how he used a physical flip chart during the training to explain certain concepts and how he encouraged everyone to follow time boxes for activities with the help of Mural (a new tool for many). References to his work life, past experience, willingness to learn from others made this class interesting. His energy of giving training with minimal breaks and without getting tired is commendable. I recommend him and his classes for all the future trainees.” (Ankit Mahajan, Agile Coach, HCSC)
- “I really enjoyed this course, it was very well structured and funfilled at the same time!” (Agile Coach / Project Manager )
- “The way these courses are organized is amazing and keeps you engaged throughout the sessions. There is a good mix of learning, reflection, and introspection in all the courses and as soon as you start getting bored with the “theory” in the learning part, there is a “practical” activity or example that makes you engaged again to take you back to reflection; improving yourself and those around you” (Abdullah Tayyab Farooqi – Director, ibex cx)
- “Unlocked many aspects of coaching and helped to us to see where to mentoring and teaching is required” (Transformation Lead and Agile Coach)
- “I have learned a lot. And it would be helpful in my professional and personal life” (Atta Ullah Khan – Product Owner – IBEX)
- “Yes, attending this course was like a dream came true. I was longing for it since 2018. This course helped me unlearning, relearning, reflecting and tailoring methods for personal and professional growth. Thanks for bringing this to Pakistan” (Sumara Dilpazir – Agile Coach)
- “Learned new techniques, Sessions were way too interactive and full of learning. Lot of brainstorming and Practice sessions. Enjoyed every bit of training I do highly recommend this training to anyone who want to improve and learn about coaching or want to peruse coaching as career” (Gul Zaman Ilyas – Mgr. IT Projects, Infrastructure & Operations / Tv2u International)
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- The Agile Coaching Context & Mindset
Agile Coaches draw on a variety of skills and practices. In this part of the course, we will put Agile coaching into context and attempt to answer the question: What is Agile coaching and what mindset shifts might we need to adopt?
- Professional Coaching Skills & The Coaching Conversation
A coach assumes that team members have an individual and collective wisdom and that her job is to elicit the answers within. The main skills taught are listening actively, asking effective questions, and following a coaching process. As this training is particularly experiential, you can expect to learn about your strengths and your own areas for development.
- Coaching Alliances and Contracts
Setting the stage for a coaching relationship involves clear contracting and designing of alliances. Here we expand on the typical coaching triangle (coach, team, and organization) and present a wider stakeholder view. You will learn how to design a coaching alliance and how to contract with all parties.
- Key Mentoring Skills & Mentoring Agile Role Transitions
At times an Agile coach needs to impart her Agile expertise and to guide the team by making suggestions, giving feedback, giving advice, instilling practices, and guiding transitions to Agile roles. Along with such changes come fears and resistances and so a framework for working with change is presented. Knowing when to coach and when to mentor is a key skill of an Agile coach.
- Key Teaching Skills & Teaching Agile
Teaching the basics and mindsets of Agile is an activity the Agile Coach performs again and again and is conducted both in and out of the classroom. There are different learning styles, and you will practise including these in your teaching methods.
- Foundational Team Coaching
In this part of the training, we focus on the dynamics at play within groups and teams, and in building our observational skills as coaches. This involves looking at the system of all humans involved, and the connections between them. It also involves being able to articulate these observations in the service of the team.
- Team Development & Coaching the Journey Toward High Performance
How can we as Agile coaches help a team to develop as a team, along with developing trust and healthy team culture? Along with a series of models, much of the learning here will come through reflecting on our lived experience in this and other groups and teams.
- Handling Conflict and Dysfunction
In this part of the training, we look at our individual attitudes toward conflict and dysfunction, building self-awareness in the team, and strategies for surfacing and working with conflict.
- Handling Organisational Impediments
Often the forces that impede the team comes from other parts of the organization. In this part of the training, we will look at ways that the Agile coach can help the team to surface such impediments and to make decisions on how to work with them.
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- Course material
- ICAgile ICP-ACC Certification after clearing the assessment
- Feeling empowered with skills, models, and styles of working with individuals and teams in order to help them continuously improve, all within an Agile context
- Access to the community for all ICAgile Certified alumni
- ScrumAlliance 21 SEU in Category C
- 21 PMI PDUs
- One hour Coaching/Mentoring session with the Trainer after the course
Any further questions?
To speak to the organizers of this course for further details:
- Call: Mr. Zaman +92 323 1416 914
- Email: email@example.com
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Khurram’s work is about helping individuals, teams, and organizations to reach their goals by adapting new ways of thinking. He is an experienced Agile Coach, Facilitator, and Agile Trainer. His goal is to develop a healthy, collaborative and continuously improved culture where experimentation is encouraged and crafting a high focus is appreciated.
He has more than 15 years of experience in the software industry. He has worked in Pakistan and Sweden with startups, SMEs and Enterprises, industries spanning Telecom, Software Asset Management (SAM), Data Privacy, and Financial Services – with distributed and co-located Agile teams.
Khurram is an ORSC (ICF-ACTP) trained coach and an ICAgile Authorized Instructor for Agile Team Facilitation (ICP-ATF) and Agile Coaching (ICP-ACC) courses, Certified in ICAgile’s Agile Coaching and Enterprise Coaching tracks, International Coach Federation (ICF) member, Agile Trainer (CSM® and CSPO®), Certified Trainer for “Training from the Back of the Room practitioner course (TBR)” to design learning workshops course and ScrumAlliance’s Certified Team Coach (CTC), CAL I and Certified Scrum Professionals® (CSP-SM).
He is based in Sweden and works with PayPal (iZettle) as an Agile Coach and Co-Founder of PASE, a platform with a mission to spread Agile awareness across Pakistan.